Start a New, Healthier Life with Weight-Loss Surgery from Dr Harald Puhalla
If you find yourself constantly struggling with your weight and feeling trapped in a cycle of weight gain, weight-loss surgery may be the solution. Many people dealing with obesity have tried numerous diets only to see their weight ultimately continue to increase. Weight-loss surgery can help to achieve long-term weight loss and improve health. There are different types of weight-loss surgery. All involve a reduction of the storage capacity of the stomach. That means that it will take less food to make you feel full and satisfied, leading to an overall reduction in caloric intake. Some weight-loss surgeries involve additionally to a reduced stomach capacity a shortened absorption length of the intestines to reduce calorie absorption. Dr Puhalla, Bariatric Surgeon, has over 20 years’ surgical experience and performs minimally-invasive bariatric procedures to help patients get started on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
Benefits of Surgical Weight Management
When combined with a comprehensive diet and exercise plan, bariatric surgery can be an effective tool that may help you attain long-term weight loss and improved overall health. Some of the benefits of this procedure include:
- Successful long-term weight loss. The vast majority of patients who had weight-loss surgery with Dr Harald Puhalla manage to lose much more than half their excess weight and maintain a good weight loss in the long-term. Read more.
- A longer life. Patients with severe obesity who undergo weight-loss surgery have a lower risk of death than people who do not have this procedure. Read more. Also, the surgery itself is considered low-risk in most patients.
- Improvement of coexisting conditions compared to non-surgical options. The reduction in mortality rates is due to the improvement or elimination of several weight-related diseases, such as high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, diabetes, risk of cancer and more. Read more.
- Better quality of life. Along with improved health and longevity, weight loss surgery also often enhance your overall quality of life. Patients enjoy improved self-esteem, mobility, social interactions (reference: “Sjostrom L et al , 2004 NEJM), and sexual function. Some reports indicate that the likelihood of unemployment is also greatly reduced.
Related Services by Weight-Loss Surgeon Doctor Harald Puhalla
Dr Puhalla, Bariatric Surgeon, provides a range of services and treats a variety of conditions to help his patients achieve better health and happiness. Some of his services include:
- Weight-loss surgery. Depending on your case, you may require a sleeve gastrectomy, Roux- en-Y gastric bypass, mini gastric bypass, or loop-duodenal switch surgery or might be better suited with an intra-gastric balloon.
- Hernia surgery. A hernia is the protrusion of an organ or tissue through the abdominal wall due to a weakness. Dr Puhalla can perform surgery to repair this issue.
- Gallbladder surgery. Several possible diseases can affect the gallbladder, most common are gallstones.
- Diagnostic imaging. Dr Puhalla uses various imaging techniques to diagnose specific health conditions. These imaging techniques include ultrasound, computer tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET),
- Other diagnostic tools: Blood tests, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, laparoscopy, and more.
About Dr Puhalla, Bariatric Surgeon
Dr Puhalla began his surgical training in 1995 and has accumulated decades of experience performing a variety of procedures since. He focuses on weight-loss surgery and helping patients achieve better health and lower body weights. He places a strong emphasis on long-term, ongoing care for each patient to help ensure that they enjoy the best possible results. If you are struggling with obesity and have been unable to keep the weight off with other strategies, contact Dr Puhalla today to schedule a consultation.